Monday, May 23, 2011

summertime in the burg

so when i stumble off the path....i know my heart will guide me there....words from the one and only E. Badu.

As I lie here next to you, all I want to do is write. Write something. I don't know what the hell it can be but its got to be something. Stronger than anything I have ever written before. I am content with the fact that finally I am a Master. I am finally somewhere else. Mentally and spiritually I have begun to free my mind.

I don't wanna talk to you. I just want to be. Like I was, with her once. I was jovial and child-like. Now, I am calculated and can be just down right cold. My love for her has transformed into a strange distaste. I am tired of thinking about what we could have been. I want to be here in this space....in this moment....in this experience. But, I can't because the other she has me captivated by her charm regardless of her inability to value my love.

captivated by ur love
sitting in the dark room
only light is from a distant bathroom
piercing into our hearts
we walk
down the corridor
into a new future
writing our white horse
u pick me up
from this place of despair
its been all u
this entire time
picking me up
because i can't hold myself
stop
for one moment and see me
as i see myself
the imperfect reflection
biting back at me
growling because thats all we know how to do
screaming keep the
pentameter
but i cant
we are rogue
smiling back at u
goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment